Where to buy 💵
Brakes: 9.3 | Handling: 8.1 | Drivetrain: 8.2
YesCycling Score – 8.4/10
Full List of Specs 🔧
|Best Use||Mountain Biking|
|Mountain Bike Style||Trail|
|Frame||6061-T6 alloy; double- and triple-butted tubing|
|Bike Suspension||Front Suspension|
|Fork||SR Suntour XCM32 Boost, Coil, NLO, DS, OR RST Alpha 110-15 Coil MLC|
|Fork Travel||120 millimeters|
|Crankset||FSA Alpha Drive, 30T|
|Bottom Bracket||FSA 124.5 mm|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore M4100|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Deore M5120 SGS|
|Rear Cogs||Shimano Deore M4100 11-46T, 10-speed|
|Number of Gears||10 gear(s)|
|Brake Type||Hydraulic Disc Brake|
|Brakes||Shimano MT200 or Tektro M520|
|Brake Levers||Shimano MT200 or Tektro M520|
|Rims||WTB ST i30 32h 29|
|Front Hub||Shimano MT400 Center Lock 15 x 110 mm thru axle hub|
|Rear Hub||Shimano MT200 Center Lock 10 x 141 mm quick-release hub|
|Wheel Size||29 inches|
|Tires||Maxxis Rekon 29 x 2.6 in., EXO, Wire Bead|
|Tire Width||2.6 inches|
|Handlebar Shape||Flat Bar|
|Handlebar||XS-SM: Salsa Salt Flat 31.8, 750 mm width; M-XL: Salsa Rustler 31.8, 800 mm width|
|Stem||Salsa Guide 31.8, 60 mm, 6 d|
|Seat Post||Salsa Guide 30.9, 0 offset|
|Saddle||WTB Volt medium, steel, 142 x 265 mm|
|Headset||FSA Orbit NO.57B 1.5 ZS|
|Weight||32 lbs. 8 oz.|
|Bike Weight||Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.|
What’s good 👍
- Sturdy Frame: The bike is built on a 6061-T6 alloy frame, providing strength and durability for rough off-road terrain.
- Efficient Cable Management: Internal routing for shift, brake, and dropper post housing gives the bike a clean and streamlined appearance while protecting the cables from external elements.
- Smooth Suspension: Including a 120 mm suspension fork helps absorb bumps and rough terrain, enhancing the bike’s comfort and control.
- Simplified Shifting: The 1x drivetrain simplifies gear shifting, making it easier for riders to navigate various terrains while still offering a wide gear range.
- Reliable Braking: The hydraulic brakes offer powerful and consistent stopping power, instilling confidence in riders during descents and challenging sections.
- Versatile Wheel Compatibility: The bike is compatible with 29-inch and 27.5+ wheels and tires, allowing riders to tailor their setup to their preferences and riding conditions.
- Ample Storage Options: With an integrated top tube bag mount, multiple bottle cage mounts, an accessory mount under the down tube, and rear rack mounts, the bike allows riders to carry necessary gear and accessories for longer trips or bikepacking adventures.
- Confidence-Inspiring Geometry: The bike’s geometry is designed to instill confidence in newer mountain bikers, providing stability and control while riding on trails.
- Dropper Post Compatible
What’s not so good 👎
- Pedals Not Included: The bike does not come with pedals, requiring riders to purchase them separately before being able to ride.
Our Verdict 🎗
Should you buy it, avoid it or shortlist it?
We think that you should definitely shortlist it.
In conclusion, the Salsa Rangefinder Deore 10-Speed 29 bike is an excellent choice for individuals seeking a versatile, reliable, and confidence-inspiring ride. Its blend of quality components, thoughtful design, and the reputation of Salsa for making robust bikes suggests that it’s well-equipped for various trail conditions and even multi-day bikepacking adventures.