What is a road bike?
A road bike is a type of bicycle designed for road cycling. They typically have narrow tires, drop handlebars, and gearing that favors road routes with longer distances and fewer stops. Some road bikes are equipped with frame-mounted racks and fenders to accommodate storage and transportation needs. In contrast, others are designed for racing or long-distance riding, where weight and aerodynamics are paramount.
While road bikes come in many different styles, designs, and price points, they all share a commonality of being built for speed and efficiency on smooth surfaces. Whether you’re looking to ride for fun, fitness, or competition, a road bike can provide an enjoyable and efficient experience.
Here you can find all our articles related to road cycling, from individual bike reviews to “best x for y” round-ups and everything in between.
Road Bike Articles
Our favorite road bikes right now:
Individual road bike reviews:
How-tos, tips, and tricks:
- Why Are Road Bikes So Expensive
- Flat Bar Vs. Drop Bar Road Bikes – Pros & Cons!
- The Perfect Pedal Stroke
- Are Road Bikes Faster Than Mountain Bikes?
- 16 Very Effective Long-Distance Cycling Tips for Beginners
- Why Do Road Bikes Not Have Kickstands
- How Long Do Cycling Shoes Last
- Road Bike vs. Mountain Bike for Exercise: Which is Better?
Road cycling gear:
Enjoy your reading!