What is a mountain bike?
Mountain bikes are bicycles explicitly designed for off-road cycling. They share some similarities with other bikes but incorporate features that enhance durability and performance in rough terrain, making them heavier – more complex than their road counterpart- and less efficient on smooth surfaces.
They often have a suspension fork, large knobby tires, and more durable wheels. You can stop much easier on any surface with hydraulic or mechanical disc brakes, making them great for rough terrains like mountains or raincapes! The handlebars are wide enough to provide stability and precise steering.
Here you can find all our articles related to mountain biking, from individual bike reviews to industry round-ups and everything in between.
Mountain bike articles:
- 30 Best Mountain Bike Brands
- When to Change Mountain Bike Tires
- Best Hydration Packs for Mountain Biking
- Best Fat Bikes
- Best Fat Bikes Under $1000
- Diamondback Sorrento Review
- Best Affordable Mountain Bikes
- Best Mountain Bikes for Beginners
- What Makes Full Suspension MTB’s So Expensive
- Giant Talon 3 Review
- Best Mountain Bike Tailgate Pads
- Health Benefits of Mountain Biking
- Mongoose Dolomite Review
- Trek Marlin 5 ( 2022 ) Review
- Cannondale Trail 8 ( 2021 ) Review
- Best Full Suspension Mountain Bikes Under $2000
- How To Bunny Hop On A Mountain Bike
- Schwinn Mesa 2 Review
- Road Bike vs. Mountain Bike for Exercise: Which is Better?
Enjoy your reading…