Where to buy 💵
Type: Mountain Bike | Frame Material: Aluminum | Number of Gears: 21 | Best for: Light Off-Roading
YesCycling Score – 7.6/10
Full List of Specs 🔧
|Best Use||Mountain Biking|
|Mountain Bike Style||Trail|
|Frame||GT 6061 T6 aluminum Triple Triangle with floating seatstays; zero stack 1-1/8 in. head tube|
|Bike Suspension||Front Suspension|
|Fork||SR Suntour M3030, 75 mm, coil|
|Fork Travel||75 millimeters|
|Crankset||Prowheel alloy, 42/34/24T|
|Bottom Bracket||Cartridge, square taper|
|Shifters||microSHIFT TS38, 3 x 7-speed|
|Front Derailleur||microSHIFT FD-M20M|
|Rear Derailleur||microSHIFT RD-M26C|
|Rear Cogs||14-34T, 7-speed|
|Number of Gears||21 gear(s)|
|Brake Type||Mechanical Disc Brake|
|Brake Levers||Mechanical disc|
|Rims||WTB SX19, 32H|
|Front Hub||Alloy disc, 100 mm quick-release|
|Rear Hub||Alloy disc, 141 mm quick-release|
|Wheel Size||27.5 inches|
|Tires||WTB Ranger Comp, 27.5/29 x 2.25 in., DNA Compound|
|Tire Width||2.25 inches|
|Handlebar Shape||Riser Bar|
|Handlebar||GT All Terra Alloy Riser, 25 mm rise, 8 deg. sweep, 6 deg. rise, 720 mm width|
|Stem||GT All Terra, 6061 alloy, 31.8 mm, 8 deg.|
|Seat Post||GT All Terra 2-bolt alloy|
|Pedals||GT Slim Line Flat pedal|
|Headset||Semi-integrated, sealed cartridge|
|Chain||KMC Z7, 7-speed|
What’s good 👍
- The GT Aggressor Sport Bike is reasonably priced, making it an attractive option for budget-conscious riders.
- The bike features a sturdy frame and components, ensuring its longevity and ability to withstand rough terrains.
- The Aggressor Sport is designed to handle various terrains, including trails, gravel paths, and city streets, providing flexibility for riders with different preferences.
- The bike’s geometry and ergonomic design offer a comfortable riding position, reducing strain on the rider’s body during long rides.
- The agile nature of the Aggressor Sport allows for precise maneuvering, making it suitable for novice and experienced riders.
- The bike has reliable disc brakes that provide excellent stopping power and control, enhancing safety on different surfaces.
- The Aggressor Sport comes with a wide range of gears, enabling riders to easily tackle steep climbs and reach high speeds on flat surfaces.
What’s not so good 👎
- Limited suspension: The Aggressor Sport has a front suspension fork but lacks rear suspension, which may lead to a less comfortable ride on rougher trails or uneven terrains.
- Entry-level components: While the bike offers good value for the price, some of its components may be entry-level, meaning they may not perform as well or be as durable as higher-end counterparts.
- Weight: The Aggressor Sport is not the lightest bike in its class, which may affect its agility and maneuverability, particularly in technical sections or during uphill climbs.
- Lack of advanced features: Compared to higher-end mountain bikes, the Aggressor Sport may lack certain advanced features, such as tubeless-ready rims or a dropper seatpost, which can enhance performance and convenience.
Our Verdict 🎗
Should you buy it, avoid it or shortlist it?
We think that you should definitely shortlist it.
The GT Aggressor Sport Bike – 2021 offers an affordable and durable option for riders seeking a versatile and comfortable ride. With its responsive handling, reliable braking system, and wide gear range, it caters to various terrains and skill levels. However, it’s important to consider the bike’s limitations, such as the lack of rear suspension, entry-level components, and weight.
If you’re a budget-conscious rider looking for a reliable bike with decent performance, the Aggressor Sport is worth considering. However, you may want to explore higher-end models if you prioritize advanced features and extensive customization options or require a bike for extreme off-road conditions.
Alternative affordable MTBs: