Quick Jump Links: Full List of Specs | What’s good | What’s not so good | Our Verdict
Where to buy 💵
Brakes: 8.9 | Handling: 8.4 | Drivetrain: 9.1
YesCycling Score – 8.6/10
Full List of Specs 🔧
|Best Use||Mountain Biking|
|Mountain Bike Style||Trail|
|Frame||SmartForm C3 alloy, 1 1/8 in. head tube, dropper post compatible|
|Bike Suspension||Front Suspension|
|Fork||SR Suntour XCT, 100mm, coil, 42mm offset (27.5 in.) 46mm offset (29 in.)|
|Fork Travel||100 millimeters|
|Bottom Bracket||Cartridge, square taper|
|Shifters||Shimano M315 Rapidfire Plus, 2×8-speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Altus, 34.9 clamp|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Acera|
|Rear Cogs||11-34T, 8-speed|
|Number of Gears||16 gear(s)|
|Brake Type||Hydraulic Disc Brake|
|Brakes||Tektro M275 hydraulic disc, 160/160mm rotors|
|Brake Levers||Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc|
|Rims||WTB SX19, 32 h|
|Front Hub||Shimano HBTX 505|
|Rear Hub||Shimano FHTX505|
|Wheel Size||XS: 27.5 inches<br>S: 27.5 inches<br>M: 29 inches|
|Tires||WTB Ranger Comp|
|Tire Width||2.25 inches|
|Handlebar Shape||Riser Bar|
|Handlebar||6061 alloy, 25 mm rise, 8 deg. sweep, 6 deg. rise, 720 mm|
|Stem||6061 alloy, 31.8, 7 degree|
|Seat Post||C3, 6061 alloy, 31.6 x 350/400 mm|
|Saddle||Cannondale Stage 3|
|Chain||KMC X8, 8-speed|
|Weight||32 lbs. 12.8 oz.|
|Bike Weight||Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.|
What’s good 👍
- The lightweight and efficient SmartForm C3 alloy frame provides a smooth ride.
- The SR Suntour XCM fork offers 100mm of travel with smooth suspension, enhancing comfort and control.
- Shimano M315 Rapidfire Plus 2×8-speed shifting allows for smooth and efficient gear changes, especially during steep climbs.
- Reliable Shimano hydraulic disc brakes offer excellent stopping power and control.
- SAVE micro-suspension technology with strategically engineered flex zones in the frame’s rear triangle provides a smoother, more controlled ride.
- The slack 68° head angle contributes to exceptionally stable handling, instilling confidence during descents.
- WTB Ranger Comp wheels provide steadfast grip, allowing for confident maneuvering around turns.
- StraightShot internal cable routing ensures clean lines and easy maintenance while the rear brake line runs outside the frame.
- Compatible with 31.6mm dropper posts, adding versatility to the bike’s setup.
What’s not so good 👎
- The seat can be uncomfortable for some riders, especially during the initial period of use. However, it becomes more comfortable as the rider gets accustomed to it.
- The limited fork options may restrict customization for riders seeking specific fork specifications. However, good fork options are still available in the market, including the Suntour 120mm air fork, which can be a suitable upgrade within a budget.
Our Verdict 🎗
Should you buy it, avoid it or shortlist it?
We think that you should definitely shortlist it.
Overall, the Cannondale Trail 6 hardtail mountain bike offers a smooth ride, efficient shifting, reliable braking, and stability for both trails and pavement. It is regarded as a decent entry-level bike, delivering good performance and durability for its price range.
This bike is also one of our favorite bikes for heavy riders.
Other Cannondale mountain bikes that we love: