The importance of choosing the best chain lube for mountain bikes can be best understood by those who have used these bikes extensively on mountainous and tough terrains. There is no doubt that bike chains are extremely important because they bear a lot of loads.
The chain has to bear a lot of stress and load when you are hauling the bike on an upward climb. It is therefore important that the chain should be in the best of quality. Buying a quality chain is fine, but it should be well lubricated.
To ensure this you must spend some time looking out for the right chain lube for mountain bikes. There are quite a few of them available in the market.
However, in this article, we will try and have a look at three brands of chain lube. We are sure it will help customers to have a better understanding about lubes in general. It will help them to make a good buying decision.
Finish Line Ceramic WET Bicycle Chain Lube
Coming from the house of Finish Line, this is a high-quality bicycle chain lube. This chain lube is considered to be one of the most commonly used and most effective cycling lubricants among many cyclists. It’s made from high-quality ingredients which offer a protective layer over the bike chain. Actually, it’s known to play a big role in reducing bearing friction and drivetrain friction on any mountain bike.
The specialty of this lube is the wet style synthetic lubricant which according to the market is one of the best not only in this part of the World but across the entire planet. It’s technically very advanced and also comes with the Fluoropolymer particles. This goes a long way in forming a ceramic coating on the frictional surface as it’s used regularly.
Finish Line Ceramic WET Bicycle Chain Lube also helps a lot providing a complete protection to the mountain bike chains and therefore makes the chain sturdy, strong and durable. In general, I can say that this is most probably the best chain lube for mountain bikes in the market. Especially since it’s patented there is no another cheap copy of this lubricant.
There are a number of advantages and benefits as far as this chain lube is concerned. Let us have a look at the same over the next few lines.
- It’s one of the few lubes which come with a biodegradable formulation. In other words, almost 60% of the product’s base oils will become biodegradable within 28 days.
- It’s nontoxic when used in the right quantities and it does not contain any substance which might have a carcinogenic impact on the body. It also is free from pollutants which might harm the air and is free from VOCs or Volatile Organic Compounds.
- Waterproof and therefore can be used in many cycling disciplines, including track, road, and mountain biking.
- It has a tendency to attract dust and debris which could impact the life of the chain.
White Lightning Epic Ride All Conditions Light Bicycle
If you are looking for a quality lube that is suitable for all conditions, it makes sense to have a closer look at this lube. It is well and truly a high-quality lube which has quite a few interesting features. It could be the right choice for all those bikers on the lookout for a wet-style lubricant and also a dry style lubricant.
This lube comes with a unique formulation consisting of synthetic oils which are non-petroleum based. All these synthetic oils go a long way providing durability in the long haul. The excessive build-up of grime is prevented because of the well-formulated oils which are used in this lube. Actually, this lube is a multipurpose lube which works on cables, derailleurs, suspension seals, stanchions, and wipers.
It’s known to have a special formulation which could help a lot in protecting the drive train of the bike and prevent it from corrosion and rust.
- It’s quite long lasting because it works perfectly well on small quantities.
- It spreads evenly across the entire chain and does not stagnate or stick around in a single place.
- The squeaking sound of the chain can be almost totally eliminated when this lube is used.
- It’s quite safe for the environment in the absence of any harmful chemicals.
- Reasonably priced and therefore offers the best value for money.
- The mouth of the lubricant container could do with some improvement. A few customers have complained of the lube spilling over in one place.
Maxima Bike Chain Pro Dry Formula Drip Lube
Maxima have been known to make some of the best chain lube for a mountain bike. It has a number of interesting and unique features which we found very useful. This lube is suitable for both long and short rides. It can work perfectly well in wet and dry conditions. The waterproof formula is unique for this lube and we can say that it’s one of the best ones.
Maxima Bike Chain’s lube is made from the best ingredients that are safe for the users and also for the environment as a whole. It has a unique surface active chemistry. It goes a long way in promoting smooth shifting even when the load is quite heavy.
- It comes with a proven and tested ultra-clean formula.
- The lube helps a lot in reducing chain noise and also aids in increasing the life of the driveline.
- It comes with a fast setup and penetration property. This helps a lot in creating a trouble free and clean operating environment.
- It is perfectly suited for everyday use.
- There is nothing very negative about the product. The packing according to a few customers could be made to look better and stronger.
We are sure that the above three reviews will give some important insight into the various things to be considered and taken into account when it comes to choosing the best chain lube for mountain bikes. I’m absolutely sure that if you choose one of the three lubes you will be happy and your bike chain will thank you. Maintaining your chain very well lubricated is one of the most important things you should do for your bike.