Where to buy 💵
Brakes: 6.9 | Handling: 8.1 | Drivetrain: 7.4
YesCycling Score – 7.4/10
Full List of Specs 🔧
|Bike Type||Fixed-Gear Bike|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Number of Speeds||1|
|Wheel Size||30 Millimeters|
|Special Feature||Lightweight, Aluminum Frame|
|Included Components||Front Brake, Rear Brake, Pedals, Handlebars, Grips, Saddle|
What’s good 👍
- Bike is lightweight and easy to carry.
- Easy to assemble straight out of the box with some minor adjustments needed.
- Good fit for different body types, especially when considering overall frame dimensions instead of just following the size chart.
- Durable and robust bike suitable for all-season use in various terrains.
- Quality components and good overall design aesthetic.
- Frame and components are good for the price point and offer a great basis for future upgrades.
- Good ride quality and comfort over long distances.
- The bike coasts for a long time once up to speed.
- Has the capacity for personal modification and upgrades.
What’s not so good 👎
- Some adjustments to the brakes needed after assembly.
- Some issues with feet hitting the wheel when pedaling while turning.
- Users may need to invest in better pedals, stem, and possibly a higher quality cog for a better riding experience.
- Toe overlap may be an issue depending on the size and riding style.
- The front wheel may need truing.
- Some users found it to lack in acceleration.
- The bike comes with skinny tires, and the rear wheel brake mount doesn’t allow for a larger or taller tire, limiting upgrade possibilities.
- Some users suggest that the bike could benefit from a better front chain ring, single-speed gear in the back, and possibly an improved bottom bracket.
Our Verdict 🎗
The 6KU fixed-gear bike comes with a number of pros and cons based on customer reviews. Its lightweight design, easy assembly, durable build, and capacity for personal upgrades make it an attractive option for riders. Its comfort over long distances and good ride quality further add to its appeal. However, potential buyers should be aware of certain issues.
Some users have found it to lack in acceleration and have raised concerns about restrictions in tire upgrade due to the rear wheel brake mount design. It may also require minor adjustments and parts replacement, like the brakes and pedals, for a more satisfying ride.
Overall, given its price point and the positive experiences of many users, the 6KU fixed-gear bike is worth shortlisting. You might want to consider your personal needs, riding style, and willingness to make potential upgrades when deciding if this bike is the right fit for you.
Video Review 🎥
Read more: 10 Best Fixie Bikes Under $500